PHOTO:SYNTHESIS, children's photo exhibition
Exhibition of all entries to WAF's Environmental photo competition for children
WHEN : Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th May, 12 - 5 daily
WHERE : Festival site @ Abbey Grounds, Abbey Street
See details below on how to enter, closing date Friday 8th May
Come along & enjoy this free exhibition of the entries to our 3rd annual photo competition.
Think about what the environment means to you ........
From fields of sheep to flowers in your garden; climate change to geology; the Irish Sea to the Wicklow Mountains - take a photograph of something you think represents your local environment.
For an entry form, see the link here or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you details. The closing date for receiving entries is Friday 8th May. All entries, along with your completed entry form, to be posted to WAF Photo Competition, c/o My Pad 2, High Street , Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow. Winners will be notified by 20th May.
There will be voucher & cash prizes for winners plus special overall prizes.
Images must depict your local environment and should be printed as a 5x7 print on photographic paper. There are first, second and third prizes in the four age categories: age 4-5; age 6-7; age 8-9; age 10-13
ALL ENTRIES will be exhibited in the Abbey Grounds, Abbey Street, Wicklow Town, on 23rd & 24th May as a part of the Wicklow Arts Festival ...... Happy Snapping!
Supported by WICKLOW COUNTY COUNCIL LOCAL AGENDA 21 ENVIRONMENT PARTNERSHIP FUND
Competition Rules :
The closing date for receiving entries for the competition is 8th May.
1. Each entrant may only submit one photograph.
2. Entrants must be aged 4-13 years.
3. All entries will be exhibited in the Abbey Grounds, Abbey Street, Wicklow Town, from Saturday 23rd to Sunday 24th May as a part of the Wicklow Arts Festival
4. Images must depict your local environment.
5. Images can be colour or black and white.
6. Images should be printed as a 5x7 print on photographic paper.
7. All images entered must be the original work of the entrant, with minimal use of editing programmes (such as Instagram)
8. A copy of each photograph must be submitted in print.
9. Fill out an entry form for each photograph.
10. Each photo entry should include a description of 50-100 words: Why have you submitted this photo? What does it say to you about the environment around you?
11. Entries can be submitted by schools or parents.
12. Entries and the completed entry form should be posted before the 8th of May to :
WAF Photo Competition
c/o My Pad 2, High Street,
13. Judges appointed by the Wicklow Arts Festival will choose the winning entries. The judges’ decision will be final.
14. Categories for judging will be as follows: age 4-5; age 6-7; age 8-9; age 10-13
15. There will be some special overall prizes
16. Winners will be notified via text/email by 20th of May. Prize winners can collect their awards from the Festival Stand in Abbey Grounds, Wicklow Town, on Sat. 23rd or Sun. 24th May- alternatively, prizes will be posted to winners.
17. Images cannot be returned so make sure you have a copy of your photograph.
18. All images are submitted at the entrant’s own risk, the Wicklow Arts Festival regrets that they cannot take any liability for loss of or damage to them in the post.
19. The WAF will use the entered photographs for promotional purposes.
20. Entry to the competition confirms acceptance of the above rules.